Here is my vegan buddha bowl that I made with just the ingredients in my fridge: no grocery shopping required! You can alternatively use some random ingredients that are left in your fridge if you don’t have some of my ingredients.
You will need: white quinoa, avocado, broccoli, corn, pinto beans, and slivered almonds, (or whatever you want to use in your fridge)
- First, I started by roasting the broccoli for 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees fahrenheit – I made sure to coat it in a little olive oil, garlic powder, and salt before tossing it in the oven.
- Next, I started cooking my quinoa. It is best to rinse it in a fine-mesh strainer — I used about 1/3 cup quinoa with 2/3 cup water. I brought these two ingredients to boil in a pot and then simmered the quinoa with the lid on for around 12 minutes. If you cook larger amounts of quinoa, for a family or such, it might take around 15 minutes for it to reach it’s fluffy-state of perfection.
- Next, I sliced up some garlic and stuck my corn in boiling water for 4 minutes. I also opened my can of pinto beans and strained and washed them as well. Then, I sliced up half an avocado.
- When the quinoa was light and fluffy, I scooped it out and warmed up the pinto beans and slivered almonds in the same pot to lessen my burden of dishwashing.
- After everything was done cooking, I arranged the quinoa on the base of the bowl with the broccoli, corn, almonds, avocado, and pinto beans on the sides
This made a perfect weekday meal which used a lot of produce I had in my fridge. It’s always nice to have many colors and diversity in your meals. I had healthy fats, fiber, protein, and carbs. Gotta love it 🙂 Also just a note, this can be extremely customized to your likings. Pick any whole grain, vegetables, and even sauce (tahini, hummus, vegan cashew cheese — you name it). I hope you enjoy and please comment below what your favorite kind of bowl is 🙂